Participation Terms and Conditions
Participation in your event
All participants who register must accept these terms and conditions as successfully register their event.
You can only register an event if you are over the age of 18 years.
You understand and agree that you participate in the Sunday Roast at your own risk.
It is your responsibility to comply with all legal requirements relating to your event.
You understand that COTA Queensland has not obtained any insurance covering your participation in the Event and you are responsible for obtaining your own insurance coverage as you consider appropriate.
You assume all risk to both you and your property during the Event.
You will indemnify, keep indemnified COTA Queensland and any sponsors and organisers, as well as their officers, employees, volunteers, agents and representatives, from any and all loss, damage, cost or expense in connection any claim arising from your participation in or involvement with the event, or any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you; and publication or distribution or supply of any materials (as defined in the Media Consent and Provision of Materials clause below) by you.
Release and Exclusion of COTA Queensland’s Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- you fully and irrevocably exclude and release COTA Queensland and all sponsors and organisers, as well as their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents and representatives, from all liability for any harm, loss, damage, cost or expense (whether in tort, including negligence, in contract, under statute or otherwise) suffered by you as a consequence of your involvement in the event, including in relation to death and personal injury;
- all conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities or other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom, or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on COTA Queensland or sponsors or organisers (or their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents and representatives) are excluded (including consumer guarantees to the extent such exclusions are permitted under the law);
- neither COTA Queensland nor any sponsor or organiser (nor any of their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents and representatives) will be liable to you, or any other person in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind (including direct, indirect or consequential losses, damages, costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by you, or any other person in connection with the event; and
- in any circumstances where the above exclusions (or any of them) are held by a court to be ineffective or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, COTA Queensland’s liability to you and to any other person is limited (at its option) to resupplying, repairing or replacing the service to you or the payment of the cost of supplying the service to you again.
Pandemic and Communicable Disease Health Management
This event is taking place amidst the COVID-19 world pandemic crisis, you agree to adhere to all public health rules and regulations notified to you by the Queensland Government or federal Government, other regulatory body or the event venue.
If you are registering for the event on behalf of a group, you are responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in your group. In the event you are contacted directly by the Government, including the Department of Health for the purposes of contact tracing, you must:
- make the contact details of your group available to the Government (if you have the consent of each group member to do so); or
- contact each member of your group, and request that they provide their contact details to the Government directly.
All participants in the event must commit to stopping the spread of COVID-19. If at the time of the event you are feeling unwell or are subject to a self-quarantine or self-isolation period, you agree not to attend the event.
You acknowledge that in the course of the event, photographs, images, or film may be taken, either alone or in group shots with others and you may choose to share these images.
You agree to the use of your image in these photographs, images in COTA Queensland publications, or on social media sites or websites in the future. You agree that COTA Queensland may use your name in conjunction with any photographs or images of you. You also agree that the photographs or film may be used by third party media organisations in connection with the publicity and reporting of the event publicly.
If you share, post, or upload photos or videos (“Images”) to the Event website or other websites or social media sites associated with the Event, or tag or link COTA Queensland in such content on social media, you consent to the following:
- COTA Queensland has permission to use, distribute, modify, display, and create derivative works from the Images in promotional collateral and on COTA Queensland websites, social media sites, publications, and on any other medium now or in the future in perpetuity. You waive any right to review or approve any uses of the Images.
- Where you, or any of the subjects appearing in the Images, are identified or identifiable in the Images, you give COTA Queensland permission to identify you and the other subjects by name.
- You are not entitled to any remuneration or compensation from COTA Queensland for the Images.
You confirm that:
- you are the creator and the copyright owner of any Images you share, post, or upload to the Event website or any other websites or social media sites associated with the Event , or tag COTA Queensland or the Event in on social media; and
- you have the permission or consent of all persons who are captured and identifiable in the Images you provide to COTA Queensland (including parental consent if the subject is under the age of 16).
You understand that any content and Images that you share, post, or upload on COTA Queensland or the Event websites may be crawled and stored by web services such as search engines, social media platforms, or archiving tools. COTA Queensland is not responsible for removing information stored by third parties.
Website Usage Terms and Conditions
Use of the Website
This website is provided “as is”, and we give no express warranties of any kind relating in any way to the website, including (i) warranties as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose; or (ii) a warranty that your access to or use of the website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the website (including its content), or any emails received from COTA Queensland, will be free from viruses (and, to this end, you should protect your software and systems by installing and implementing your own virus, security and system checks). Your use of this website and the information on it is at your own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept any liability for any reliance placed on the information (including information which is not correct, complete or up to date or suitable for any particular purpose). If any warranty or guarantee cannot by law be excluded, then, to the extent permitted by law, COTA Queensland’s liability for such warranty or guarantee is limited, at COTA Queensland’s option, to supplying the information or materials again or paying the cost of having the information or materials supplied again.
Removal of Information
COTA Queensland may remove any material and/or information included on the Website, including but not limited to links to other sites, at any time without giving any explanation or justification.
COTA Queensland retains the right at all times, and at its sole discretion, to:
- monitor, retain or disclose any information on the Website when necessary to satisfy any applicable regulations or legal process;
This website may contain links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which COTA Queensland has no responsibility. COTA Queensland does not control or monitor other sites and these links should not be taken as an endorsement or a recommendation by COTA Queensland of those other sites or their content. We encourage you to read the terms and conditions on all such websites as their policies may be different than ours.
Copyright/use of content
Works of authorship contained on this website, including but not limited to all design, text and images, are owned or licensed by COTA Queensland. They may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sub-licensed, altered, stored by subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without COTA Queensland’s prior written consent, except by educational institutions for educational purposes, or for personal and non-commercial uses.
When used for personal or educational purposes, COTA Queensland has no objection to the reproduction of content or material provided that the following criteria apply:
- Content is used one time only, in a non-commercial educational setting (one written report, one oral report, or one day of educational display is allowed by for a single presentation).
- Material can only be branded COTA Queensland and an acknowledgment to COTA Queensland, including the weblink www.cotaqld.org.au, must be prominently displayed.
- No exclusivity is claimed in relation to provision the content.
- Content is not altered, placed out of context, linked to, reused, further reproduced, or distributed.
- Content is not to be reproduced for use on a web page or with any online service or application without permission of email@example.com