Events must operate in accordance with the Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction. The requirements for events depend on whether the event is indoors or outdoors and whether patrons will be dancing at the event.
Events at indoor spaces must operate in accordance with a COVID Safe Event Checklist which includes the following requirements:
- a maximum occupant density of 1 person per 2m2 or 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity
- collection of contact tracing information using the Check In Qld app
- regular and thorough cleaning
- availability of hand washing facilities or hand sanitiser.
Events with patron dancing
Indoor or outdoor events with patron dancing must operate in accordance with a COVID Safe Event Checklist. The checklist includes the following additional requirements for events with patron dancing:
- operate an area for dancing on the basis that no more than 1 person per 2m2 dances in the dance area
- implement control measures to manage crowding in dance areas.
Outdoor events without patron dancing
Outdoor events without patron dancing do not need to operate in accordance with a COVID Safe Event Checklist, however the following requirements still apply:
- appropriate public health controls including cleaning, hygiene measures, regular washing of hands and availability of hand sanitiser
- people at the event observe physical distancing to the extent possible.
Note that COVID Safe Event Plans are no longer required for any events.